Intrinsically motivated designer.
Over 20 years in print, web, app, game, product, service, experience, platform, brand, system, business, strategy, organisation, learning, and culture design.
Creative, collaborative, compassionate, practising disciplined innovation with child-like curiosity.
Recently, Director of Learning at IDEO — helping people learn how to navigate change through design, creativity, and play.
Previously, Head of Design at Disney Interactive Labs in California; founder of a boutique design studio in Tokyo; co-founder of an online education startup; and designer with in-house teams and agencies in Tokyo, London, and Auckland.
I’m active on LinkedIn, X, and Medium.
- Adopting a Lifelong Learning Mindset Through Digital Transformation at Disney
- Building Empathy Among Distributed Teams
- Responsive Web Design: A New Mindset
I enjoy playing records with friends at intimate gatherings, some of which is available on Mixcloud.
I enjoy participating in the global design community of students, professionals, and industry leaders.
- Speaker — Southeast Asia Technology Conference (2023)
- Podcast Guest — IDEO Big Question (2022)
- Podcast Guest — Business Karaoke (2020)
- Podcast Guest — The Bureau Briefing (2018)
- Panel Member — InVision Design+ Ethics (2016)
If you’d like to chat, feel free to send me an email.