Hi, I’m Nathan.
Intrinsically motivated designer.
Over 20 years in print, web, app, game, product, service, experience, brand, system, organisation, and culture design.
Creative, collaborative, compassionate — practising disciplined innovation with child-like curiosity.
Presently, Director of Learning at IDEO.
Helping enable lifelong learning through design, creativity, and play.
Previously, Head of Design at Disney Interactive Labs in California, founder of a small design studio in Tokyo, co-founder of an online education startup, and designer with in-house teams and agencies in Tokyo, London, and Auckland.
I’m active on Twitter, Medium, and LinkedIn.
- Adopting a Lifelong Learning Mindset Through Digital Transformation at Disney
- Building Empathy Among Distributed Teams
- Responsive Web Design: A New Mindset
I enjoy playing records with friends at intimate gatherings, some of which is available on Mixcloud.
I enjoy participating in the global design community of students, professionals, and industry leaders.
- Podcast Guest — Business Karaoke (2020)
- Podcast Guest — The Bureau Briefing (2018)
- Mentor — Art Center College of Design, Pasadena (2016)
- Subject Matter Expert — Coursera, Los Angeles (2016)
- Panel Member — InVision Design+ Ethics, London (2016)
If you’d like to chat, feel free to send me an email.